2A- My Bug List
My Bug List
1. Whenever I am trying to get to class on time, there is always someone who decides to run up in front of me and walk extremely slow. This annoys me because I walk really fast and I can't stand when people walk slow: I have places to be!
1. Whenever I am trying to get to class on time, there is always someone who decides to run up in front of me and walk extremely slow. This annoys me because I walk really fast and I can't stand when people walk slow: I have places to be!
- The reason this bug exists is because I walk very fast (probably faster than the average person) and no one seems to ever be in a hurry, but I always am.
2. Between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM, it is absolutely impossible to go to the Starbucks at Library West without having to wait at least 30 minutes. They take extremely long and even when I order a pickup order, it takes way longer than it should.
- This bug exists because it is clear that the Starbucks at Library West is inefficient. They have 2 people taking orders, a line of about 20+ students out the door, and only one barista. This is obviously not an efficient way of getting the job done.
3. Whenever I drive to the gym anytime around 3 PM to 6 PM, there is a ridiculous amount of traffic. It takes me about 20 minutes to get from sorority row to Southwest Rec, which is usually a 7 minute drive at most.
- This exists because this is prime rush hour time. I always try to go to the gym at another time so that I don't have to deal with all the traffic, but when I don't have a chance to go before rush hour then I get stuck in it.
4. Between the hours of 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM, I can never ever find a Red 1 parking spot. This is a bug that really frustrates me because I am usually very hungry and ready to get home and eat, but that isn't possible because I can't find a parking spot.
- This bug exists because Red 1 parking is very limited, especially between those times since no one takes their car out.
5. It really bugs me whenever I am at the gym and my airpods don't connect to my phone. The worst is when only one of them connects and I have to recalibrate and reconnect both of them.
- This happens because the connectivity on my airpods is sometimes blocked because there is limited service or wifi.
6. Sometimes, I sit by the windows at Library West and the sun blasts me right in the face if I sit there between around 9 AM and 12 PM.
- This usually happens because I go to the library when the sun is rising and I always forget, so I always sit at the wrong place where the sun hits me.
7. I really don't like it when I go to the gym and my handprint doesn't work. This annoys me because all I want to do is get in and workout and I can't because the machine won't read my hand.
- This happens because sometimes, the machine just glitches out and can't recognize my hand.
8. Whenever I am asleep and my roommate comes in very late and just wakes me up because she's making a lot of noise.
- This happens because sometimes I go to sleep earlier than she does and she likes to go to sleep around 3 AM. So when she gets ready for bed, I'm fast asleep and she wakes me up.
9. I really don't like when I call my parents on facetime and the wifi/ connectivity is really bad because then I can't talk to them and I have to keep calling them and it keeps failing.
- This bug usually exists because I tend to call my parents when I'm on the way to class, which means very unreliable wifi if I am moving around.
10. Another thing that bugs me is when I go to take a sip of my water in the middle of the night and then my water bottle is empty. This is possibly the worst situation because being thirsty in the middle of the night is 10x worse than being thirsty during the day,
- This bug exists because I always forget to fill my water bottle during the day before I go to bed.
11. It bugs me whenever I am on the third floor of Library West, which is the quiet floor, and there are people having full-on conversations without even whispering.
- I believe that this bug exists because people either don't care at all about making noise, or they just don't know that the third floor is the quiet floor.
12. I dislike when people chew with their mouth open especially when we are all sitting together at a table and having a nice meal.
- This bug exists because some people either don't realize or just don't have basic tableside manners.
13. Another bug of mine is when for some reason my roommate leaves her wet towel on my bed. The water from the towel soaks through my comforter.
- This bug exists because my roommate forgets which bed is hers.
14. The Chipotle on University takes a ridiculous amount of time to serve you your meal. I think there have been times that I have literally waited over 30 minutes for fast food.
- This bug exists because the workers are a bit inefficient with how they try to organize their assembly line.
15. It bugs me whenever I am driving and I am at a red light behind someone waiting for it to turn green and the person in front of me is distracted so they take so long to drive that the light just turns red again because they didn't move.
- This happens because people get very distracted while they are driving which is very unfortunate because it could eventually cause an accident.
16. I really don't like when I go sit outside to do homework and get all settled down and open my laptop just to find out that my computer is dead. This sucks because there are no outlets outside and I have to pack everything up and then go back inside and resettle.
- This bit exists because I sometimes completely forget to charge my laptop and don't realize until the next day.
17. Another bug of mine is when my water sweats and gets all of the area around me and my desk all wet. This is not fun because all of my papers smear.
- This happens whenever I have very cold water and it is not very cold outside. I should also probably be more careful where I lay my stuff down.
18. I really don't like when I am at a restaurant and the waiter brings me the check and the pen is out of ink/ does not work. This sucks because it then takes them a while to come back and realize that the pen is broken.
- This bug exists because sometimes the waiter just may not notice that the same pen they have been using is suddenly out of ink.
19. It bugs me when I am in the shower washing my hair and my rings get caught onto my hair as I am putting in shampoo and conditioner. This is not only a pain to detangle, but it hurts.
- This happens because I forget to take my rings off before I shower.
20. The last thing that really makes me upset is when I order something online and I wait a very long time for it to come in and once it's finally in, it does not fit me right when I try it on.
- This bug exists because sometimes shopping for clothes online has a very different size range than what you are used to in person.
Reflection: This bug list was honestly one of the most thoughtful assignments I have done in a while. Although it was very easy to come up with the first 5 bugs, any bugs after that took a lot of thinking and recalling from my day-to-day activities. I typically do not tend to focus on things that annoy me throughout my day, and instead try to avoid them in order for me to keep a happy mood. It was also hard because thankfully, all of these things do not happen on a daily basis. It took me about a week of thought to come up with the list, and I still found myself trying hard to think of new ones. I do think that coming up with the reasoning behind why these bugs exist has helped me reflect and take necessary precautions in order to avoid getting into that situation in the first place.
Hi Rebeca,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your first bug and I can’t believe I didn’t put slow walkers down on mine because they drive me crazy! I’m glad I am not the only one who struggles with the handprint at the gym thing, and it’s something that stresses me out because usually they’ll end up being a line of people waiting behind me for it to work. I did really like your bug list and think it had a lot of stuff most of us UF students can relate to
Hi Beca,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your bug list. Number 12 was funny to me because I think I chew with my mouth open. I always forget that I do that, and sometimes someone will tell me to stop. So this reminded me that I have to work on that habit haha. Also, Number 17 really bothers me too. Recently, my water bottle sweat and it got on my financial calculator and broke it