18A- Create a Customer Avatar
My Customer Avatar:
I previously said how my ideal customer for this class was a college female. More specifically, I imagine my ideal customer being a female student at a college that is historically more liberal than conservative. This student would be between the ages of 20 and 22. This student would most likely be a brunette who enjoys a lot of environmentally friendly activities. She loves to do hot yoga and pilates, and her yoga mat is probably green or blue and made from 100% recycled material. She drives an eco-friendly vehicle, most likely a Toyota Prius or another car similar to that one. It is white or silver, and lucky for her she gets to park in the spots in parking lots that are eco-friendly, and usually closer to the entrance of any store. As for TV shows, she is just like any other college student. She loves Gossip Girl, You, Greys Anatomy, and gets together with her friends on Monday nights to watch The Bachelor. Occasionally, when she's really bored she'll put on some sort of baking show. Since she is only in college, she doesn't have children, and she most likely does not have a boyfriend either. Her liberal mindset has led her to believe that women are better off without a man... girl power! She is also one of those people who want to come off as a big reader, and someone who doesn't actually ever get to read the books she buys. Like I said, she is about 20-22 years old. Her favorite politicians during the upcoming election are Biden and Sanders, but she is going to vote for Biden because she believes that Sanders is way too radical and unrealistic... quite ridiculous in fact. Overall, she is one of those people who want to give off the impression that they are down to earth, recycle everything, and only use environmentally friendly products and brands. In reality, she does try hard to be this person, but deep down she would much rather use a plastic straw over the gross paper ones.
My relation to my avatar:
As far as how I can relate to my customer avatar, I truly believe that we cannot be more different. Don't get me wrong, I truly do care a whole lot about the environment and I really try to do everything on my part to be able to contribute to the planet. I recycle whenever I can, and try not to waste any resources, I also try to do everything possible to reduce my carbon footprint. But, me and my customer avatar are nowhere near similar people. Though I do love hot yoga and hot pilates so much, my mat was the cheapest one I could find at TJ Maxx, and most likely not made from organic or recycled material. I also don't drive a Toyota Prius, and I truly don't think I ever will. I really do not think they are easiest on the eyes, and I prioritize style over eco-friendly emission. I like the same shows that my avatar likes, but I really don't like watching baking shows. And, although I am all for girl power, I don't think that having a boyfriend makes you any less powerful. I am way more conservative than my ideal customer avatar, and will probably vote that way in the upcoming elections. The things that I do have in common with my avatar are because of our demographics I would say. We are both young college females, and generally there are a few characteristics to be shared between people of those types of demographics.
I previously said how my ideal customer for this class was a college female. More specifically, I imagine my ideal customer being a female student at a college that is historically more liberal than conservative. This student would be between the ages of 20 and 22. This student would most likely be a brunette who enjoys a lot of environmentally friendly activities. She loves to do hot yoga and pilates, and her yoga mat is probably green or blue and made from 100% recycled material. She drives an eco-friendly vehicle, most likely a Toyota Prius or another car similar to that one. It is white or silver, and lucky for her she gets to park in the spots in parking lots that are eco-friendly, and usually closer to the entrance of any store. As for TV shows, she is just like any other college student. She loves Gossip Girl, You, Greys Anatomy, and gets together with her friends on Monday nights to watch The Bachelor. Occasionally, when she's really bored she'll put on some sort of baking show. Since she is only in college, she doesn't have children, and she most likely does not have a boyfriend either. Her liberal mindset has led her to believe that women are better off without a man... girl power! She is also one of those people who want to come off as a big reader, and someone who doesn't actually ever get to read the books she buys. Like I said, she is about 20-22 years old. Her favorite politicians during the upcoming election are Biden and Sanders, but she is going to vote for Biden because she believes that Sanders is way too radical and unrealistic... quite ridiculous in fact. Overall, she is one of those people who want to give off the impression that they are down to earth, recycle everything, and only use environmentally friendly products and brands. In reality, she does try hard to be this person, but deep down she would much rather use a plastic straw over the gross paper ones.
My relation to my avatar:
As far as how I can relate to my customer avatar, I truly believe that we cannot be more different. Don't get me wrong, I truly do care a whole lot about the environment and I really try to do everything on my part to be able to contribute to the planet. I recycle whenever I can, and try not to waste any resources, I also try to do everything possible to reduce my carbon footprint. But, me and my customer avatar are nowhere near similar people. Though I do love hot yoga and hot pilates so much, my mat was the cheapest one I could find at TJ Maxx, and most likely not made from organic or recycled material. I also don't drive a Toyota Prius, and I truly don't think I ever will. I really do not think they are easiest on the eyes, and I prioritize style over eco-friendly emission. I like the same shows that my avatar likes, but I really don't like watching baking shows. And, although I am all for girl power, I don't think that having a boyfriend makes you any less powerful. I am way more conservative than my ideal customer avatar, and will probably vote that way in the upcoming elections. The things that I do have in common with my avatar are because of our demographics I would say. We are both young college females, and generally there are a few characteristics to be shared between people of those types of demographics.

Hey Beca,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about your customer and think you did a great job going into detail about her. I like how environmentally conscious she is, and think that represents your product greatly. I found it interesting that you feel as though you don't really have a lot in common with her. I felt the opposite with customer, and like I was the exact customer type for my business. Overall great post and I really enjoyed reading it!