16A- What's Your Secret Sauce?

1. Five ways in which I have unique human capital

  1. I have a very strong desire to reach all of my goals, no matter how big or out of reach they may seem. I would say that my dedication is something that is often unseen.
  2. I was raised in a Hispanic Jewish household, and I have visited over 30 countries at only 19 years old. I believe this has made me into an extremely versatile and adaptable individual. I get along very well with any type of personality, and I think that is due to all of the things I have seen and been exposed to throughout my life.
  3. I am very good at prioritizing everything that goes on in my life to where I have a healthy balance of everything that I like. I try to workout 3-5 times a week and I like to plan out my day so that I complete all of my responsibilities.
  4. I am extremely disciplined. I have a very good sense of the most important things in my life and I hold myself accountable to high standards that I work every day to uphold.
  5. I am a great listener and communicator. Sometimes, we are forced to sit through or listen to things that aren't of great interest. I am skilled at making myself as available as can be in any sort of situation.
2. Interviews

  • My roommate: Pretty much, she talked about how disciplined I am. She emphasized how I prioritize my responsibilities in a very organized way and I always find a way to get everything done.

  • My sister: My sister said that what made me unique to her was how accomplished I was. She recognizes how much I have done in just two short years at UF, and she talked about those experiences and my ability to be a good friend as my unique human capital.
  • My good friend Peyton: She talked about how my passions for what I seek to accomplish are what drives me and what makes me so good at a lot of my endeavors. She also talked about how my experiences studying abroad have given me unique global insight.
  • My good friend Grace: Grace talked about my dedication to all that I seek to accomplish. She says how whenever I set my mind to something, I more than likely get it done
  • My good friend Kamryn: Kamryn talked about how I was a loyal friend and always went out of my way to be there for people. She also said how I was a great listener and always open to hearing people out.


I think that hearing what all of my friends thought about me was very reassuring. I try my best to be a good friend to the people who I care about, and being able to interview them really reassured me that I am doing a good job. Some of the things they said made me think about how I truly am, and allowed me to reflect on what makes me unique. Overall, I would not make any corrections to the list because I believe that it is pretty accurate. In fact, I think a lot of what my interviewees said were things that I honestly did not even think about or know that I had. I think that for the most part, there is a lot of overlap in how I see myself versus how others see me.

Comments

  1. Hi Beca,

    I liked reading your post! I too agree you are a good friend and you have a personality that tends to get along with everyone:) I really liked this assignment because it gave us a reason to seek out what people think are our best attributes. I also liked hearing about what you liked about yourself and what your priorities are. Sometimes I can't decide what to prioritize, so it is helpful to hear someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebeca,

    I can relate to you in the sense that I also have a very strong desire to reach my goals. I do not believe any goal is too big to achieve! Also, that is so awesome that you have been able to travel to 30 different countries at only 19 years old! I believe that you can learn a lot from visiting other countries and I would love to some day travel the world as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment