30A- Final Reflection

1. Read through old posts

2. Experiences
I would say that the most formative assignment was the Secret Sauce (16A). Being able to really self reflect on what it is that makes me so unique and the little things that diversify me from everyone else was really inspiring. I also enjoyed being able to ask my friends what it was that they believed made me stand out. An experience I will remember years later will be the Growing Your Social Capital (20A). Being able to connect with and actually talk to people who are the best at what they do was very cool. I was able to add people to me network that I probably would not have otherwise. My most joyous experience was Create a Customer Avatar (18A). I loved this assignment because we were able to get really creative with who our perfect, ideal customer was. We had to use our imagination to create a life for them and that was pretty fun. I am most proud of myself for accomplishing the Venture Concept (24A). This assignment required a lot of hard work and creativity, and it took me a while to be able to put all of my thoughts into words. I had to make sure I was thorough but at the same time make sure I was not redundant with my information.

3. Entrepreneurial Mindset
Looking at my mindset at the beginning of the semester and comparing it to now, I can confidently say that I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset. This class not only taught me how to be creative and express myself, but it taught me how to think like an entrepreneur. It showed me that there is so much that goes into innovating and it all starts with you. I now feel as though I am a step closer to becoming an entrepreneur and I now have the confidence I need to approach any future endeavor head on.

4. Advice
My biggest recommendation for any student who is to take this course in the future is to be passionate about this course. Approach every assignment with all you have and really put your thought into your blog. Being able to express yourself on a blog helps reflect your thoughts and put them into words. In order to perform the best, I recommend prioritizing a few hours a week to dedicate to this course. This course requires a lot of time commitment and a lot of thought. Make sure you are staying on top of assignments and giving yourself enough time to complete them thoroughly. In order to foster this mindset, I recommend setting aside a few hours two days of the week in order to make sure that you are able to get through all of the assignments and get them done well. Most importantly, have fun with the assignments. Be creative and imaginative... think like an entrepreneur!

5. Picture
Oprah Winfrey- one of the best female entrepreneurs in history

Comments

  1. Hi Beca,

    I like how you chose a specific assignment as one of your most formative experiences! I also liked 16A a lot because it made me write down all the things that make me unique and it boosted my confidence when I saw all the things I am good at written down in list form. I think its also nice that you included a picture of a role mode, Oprah Winfrey, as the ending to this post! It is a good example how we can always strive to be better and more successful, even if we are currently satisfied with our current position in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beca,

    I can't believe I forgot about the Secret Sauce assignment, I definitely think that was a formative experience for me too! I'm also very big on self-reflection and I appreciate others like you who try to look at themselves objectively and try to be better everyday. I loved your advice to a future student too and really hope they get to read our posts someday. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beca,
    I really liked how you listed specific assignments because I was able to go back and think about them while reading your post. The secret sauce assignment was definitely a great one, and having to reflect and think about what skills I have can be great for the future. I too definitely think because of this class I have a much more entrepreneurial mindset than I did at the start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beca,
    Thank you for being so specific on all of the assignments. It made it super easy to follow this post. I just looked back on a few of the assignments you listed and agree with you on them. In particular, I also saw assignment 16A (secret sauce) to be a very formative assignment as it made me reflect on personal attributes and qualities that make me unique. I enjoyed that assignment very much and learned a lot about myself from others points of views.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment