14A- Halfway Reflection

1. This is not an easy course. This is a course that is very demanding and requires a great deal of thought, time, and effort. In order to keep up with the requirements of this course, I have dedicated a few hours a week every week and set out certain days of the week that I allow myself to work on the class. Having previously taken a bunch of online courses, I can safely say that this is a class like no other. Aside from heavy time commitment, the class requires that you really think about the world around you in order to complete assignments.

2. A moment when I felt like giving up was the last time we had to interview people for an assignment and the people had to be outside our boundary. This assignment was made extremely difficult for me because it required me to actually sit down with people and take time to interview them. I had done this a bunch of times before, but for some reason this last time was made extremely tough for me. I felt that all of the information I was gathering was redundant, which made it hard for me to try to seek a new perspective from a variety of people. What pulled me through I think was my mindset. Yes, it is really annoying to have to sit down and take time out of my day to get this assignment done, but I realize that I have to do it. I want to get a good grade in this class, and the only way to do so is through perseverance and dedication to completing all assignments, no matter how tedious it may be. I know I can do it, I just have to remind myself why it is that I am doing it. I definitely feel as though this class has allowed me to develop a tenacious attitude. Having weekly deadlines for assignments that require a great deal of time and effort has definitely helped me sharpen up skills that I never even knew I had. Additionally, the content of the assignments has helped me think smarter and in ways that help me reach my goals quicker. I think that all of the assignments combined have contributed to this. I believe that I have been able to create a tenacious attitude, and I believe that the reason for such was my ability to keep up with this class while also staying on top of my other classes and maintaining a healthy academic/ social life balance.

3. A few tips I have are:

  1. Keep a planner with the dates and times of all assignments recorded, and make sure to mark off an assignment after you've completed it. This will remind you about upcoming due dates and encourage you to stay on top of the work.
  2. Make sure you designate certain days of the week and specific times to work on and complete assignments for this class. The assignments can sometimes take multiple days to complete, so being able to designate multiple days and hours of the day will be extremely helpful.
  3. Never stop finding ways to be better. I know it sounds cliche, but being able to recognize your goals and work every day in order to achieve those goals is crucial. Setting achievable and measurable goals will keep you in a positive mindset, giving you the strength to move past your rejections and failures.

Coco Chanel- One of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time

Comments

  1. Hey Rebeca!
    I personally really relate to your second tip and think that designating specific days to do work, and sticking to these is extremely important. I have realized that it is vital for me to set these days each week for my studies, otherwise I tend to procrastinate and convince myself that extremely important work is much less important, even though it needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beca,

    I think you had some great tips! I too set aside a certain day of each week to knock out all of my assignments for this class. I too feel this class is pretty difficult because of the time commitment and also it really requires you to think differently than how most classes teach at UF. This isn't a plug-and-chug class. You have to be creative, mindful, and thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beca,

    I definitely know what you mean about wanting to give up with the interviews. They are kind of just weird and uncomfortable and stressful. I think the way you described how you handled that is a great example of having a tenacious mindset. I really liked all your tips, and I completely agree with a planner to write down your assignments being a good way to stay on top of them all. This class definitely requires a lot of time commitment, so being able to plan out not only what the assignments are but when you will do them can really help with success in this course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment